Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

Today will never be a normal day for me, ever again. The images, sights and sounds of that day will live with me for the rest of my life. I was not there, I did not know anyone who perished on that day, and yet it affected me like nothing else has. I will always remember the heros of that day and mourn their loss. I will forever remember what some did in the name of religion; and I will condemn that to my dying day. I will be vigilant and I will NEVER FORGET.



Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana, The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905US (Spanish-born) philosopher (1863 - 1952)

1 comment:

  1. I still shudder when I see these images. I remember driving my two little boys to the library when I heard about the attack on the radio. How scared and confused I felt at that moment. I can't imagine what all those lost souls must have felt at the site. We all must continue to pray for a peaceful world. Thank you Gerri for this post.

    ReplyDelete