It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Go to Joyce's blog for links to all the fun bloggers who participate. Go here for instructions if you wish to play along. Enjoy!
1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?
- When you see members of the military, thank them for their service. I know they appreciate it.
- Don't take your rights and freedoms for granted. You've heard it before but I'll say it again. Freedom isn't free. Millions have lost their lives for our freedoms and rights. Millions continue to protect those freedoms and rights. We should honor them by being grateful everyday.
2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?
I'm sure I do own something, but right now I'm drawing a blank.
No. At least not for me. You can really love someone, but there are issues that even love can't overlook. Drugs, abuse, adultery...just to name a few.
4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
Strawberry shortcake....love it!
No. But then I don't share personal stuff with many people. When I go to the salon I think of that as time away from all my problems...I don't want to bring them with me.
I don't think so. I think having money exagerates the type of person you are. So, if you are a little selfish to begin with, money will only make you worse. If you're generous to begin with, money will make you more so. You're either a selfish person or you're not. I don't think money, or anything else, can change who you really are inside. When people say money, or fame or whatever changed a person...I think they didn't know that person as well as they thought they did.
Um, everything. I often refer to my decor as "Early Other People". The only thing in my house that wasn't previously owned by someone else are my kids beds. Everything else belonged to someone else before it belonged to me. Some of those things, like my mother's hutch and dining room set, I love and cherish. Other pieces, not so much. I just have them because I've never really had the cash to buy furniture. If I had to pick one I'd say the chair I sit in to crochet and watch TV...it's in desperate need of a makeover.
8. Insert your own random here.
I hate Mondays. Whether it's a real Monday or a Tuesday after a long holiday weekend...I hate them.
Ok, there you have it. Another fun Hodgepodge. Hope you enjoyed it!