Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quotations

If you've read my blog for very long you know I love quotes.  If you're new to my blog...I love quotes.  I usually end each post with a quote that in some way pertains to whatever I have written.  But, now I'm looking for ways to jump start my brain in an effort to blog more.  One of the ideas I had was to do a post once a week based on my favorites quotes. I'm going to do the first one today to see how it works out, but from now on I will post these on Tuesdays and I will still have my Arizona Almanac on Fridays (except for tomorrow...I'm taking tomorrow off ;).  Here goes:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us.         
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

I love this quote. 

What lies behind us: It's useless to worry about what happened in the past.  It's over and done and you can't go back and change it.

What lies before us:  We have no idea what the future will bring, so don't worry about it.

What lies within us:  The only thing in life we can control...the things that lie within us: Our character, our moral compass, our convictions, our spirituality.  If we master these...what lies behind and before will take care of itself.

That's it...short and sweet.  Let me know what you think of this idea.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment