Monday, November 2, 2009

Weird Weather and Other Stuff

In the fall my heart yearns to be here.........
When in reality....I am here........
But in an effort not to be totally negative about my surroundings, I get to see this on a pretty regular basis.......
I guess the trade off is not that bad. Except for the tempurature. The weather lately has been so weird. Down into the 70's which I wait 8 months for, only to go back up into the 90's. It's done that two or three times in the last couple of weeks. It teases us into thinking the hot weather is over only to blow us the proverbial rasberry full of hot air. Here in the desert we live for the winter months. It's the only thing that keeps us going when it's 115 and you can literally cook an egg on the sidewalk. Right now we are back into the 90's again. I'm done with anything over 85, I want it to be over. I'll let you know when I get my wish.
In other thoughts.....the fact that it is now November has me in full panic mode. I am so far behind where I usually am at this time of year. I am a list maker. I have lists for my lists. It's the only way I know how to accomplish what I want to get done. Of course this is the time of year where I really go crazy on the lists, except that I haven't even started any yet. The panic level is rising. I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house for about 25 people. My dining room is still in shambles. The King of Procrastination is promising it will be done. I choose to believe him because the alternative is just too scary to me. I have bought exactly three presents for Christmas. Oy! I have not started my Christmas Letter (yes I write one of those). I usually start it in October and do various rewrites and additions as they come along. I know it will get done but just knowing I'm behind is giving me a panic attack. I still have not found the trees I want for my Santa and Snowman Christmas trees. I'm sad that I may have to put that off until next year unless Santa delivers an early gift in the form of a pile of money. And I have yet to decide what I am making for my family gift exchange. Guess it better be simple as time is running out.
I tried one year to be all zen about everything around the holidays and nothing got accomplished. So I figure I'm one of those people that needs the panic to fuel the fire. When all is said and done, everything always turns out ok but I sure drive myself crazy getting there.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.......I'm off to make lists.......

1 comment:

  1. I write lists too. I don't know what I would do without them. Beautiful photos. Love to see that sunset in person some day. Good luck planning for that big Thanksgiving. Should be fun:)

    ReplyDelete