First a rant and then something fun.......
We were so cruelly lured into a false sense of bliss by the nice weather we had half way into June. But reality has set in and there is no denying it anymore........summer is officially here.
I don't think that anyone who has not lived in the desert can truly appreciate how awful it is to get into a car after it's been sitting on the roof of a 5 story parking garage for 9 hours when it's 110 degrees outside. You can put window shades up and crack the window and cover the steering wheel but, really, all of that is just to make you feel like your doing something about it. It does no good whatsoever. It's still like getting into an oven. Bleck!!! I hate the heat but, after living here all my life, I don't think I could live anywhere else. Not because I love it so much but just because I'm such a baby. As I stated before, I'm really not all that into earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding, ice, snow or humidity. So I guess you pick your poison and mine is living inside an oven 4 months of the year. Oh well, it could be worse, at least that's what I always tell myself as I'm receiving those 3rd degree burns from the steering wheel of my car. And don't leave me any of those wonderful lines like "but it's a dry heat". When it's 118 in the shade, it doesn't really matter that it's a dry heat, you're just roasting.
5 weird or random things about you
If you want to play along just leave your list in the comments. If not, that's fine too, but I do look forward to learning more about you all ;-) Here's my list:
1. I can quiver my chin and cry at the drop of a hat.......used to come in handy when the Dan and I were dating, but now, after all these years, it doesn't faze him one bit
2. I have the weirdest dreams known to man.....just ask my kids they'll tell you. I once had a dream that I was in a city populated only by clowns. All the store clerks were clowns, the policemen were clowns, everyone was a clown.......scary huh? I dreamt I was with a football team going to a bowl game on the island of Fiji. Fiji? Where do I come up with these? And my latest: I was waiting in the wings to go on stage and sing with Jason Mraz at some celebrity event. If you've ever heard me sing you will know that this one was a nightmare! I must have one weird subconscious going on.
3. I can't eat jello or cottage cheese because of the way it feels in my mouth. Gag.
4. My finger and thumb joints are double jointed and I can do some pretty weird stuff with them. Not really relatable in this forum......but I guarantee, it's weird.
5. I am obsessive about how I do laundry and how the clothes are folded. It drives my kids nuts.
So there you have it. That's probably more than you wanted to know about me but like I said, it's my blog so you gotta play by my rules. Now get those lists going! Hopefully the next post will be more insightful but for now this is all I got.