Sunday, July 5, 2009

The neighbor, the holiday and the intertnet

I've been trying to post for a couple of days and everytime I think I'm going to, something conspires against me.


We have been having trouble with our next door neighbor. Too complicated to go into here. Let's just say she is psycho and driving my whole family crazy. We have had visits from two city employees and the police in the last week, and it all started over a flipping trash can. I actually feel sorry for her that she has so little in her life that she has to make such a big deal over something so trivial. I suspect she is just someone who enjoys drama in her life and was lacking some so decided to use us to fill the void. Whatever.....anyway, at times I was just too angry to write. I tried but it all came out a little manic, so I quit. I'm over it now and so on to other things.


I hope every one had a great 4th of July. Mine was just what I wanted it to be.....a lot of nothing. Just relaxing and crocheting while watching a series on the history channel about the Revolution. It doesn't get much better than that for me. Sarah spent her 4th on the National Mall. Andrea had a friend visiting so they went early and took him around to see all the monuments. At one point she sent me a text about some tourists who were swimming and playing around in the water at the WWII monument. She was outraged and just couldn't get over how disrespectful people can be. In that moment she made me a very proud mother. It's little things like these when you realize that, just maybe, you did something right as a parent. Anyway, they spent the day at the Mall and finally settled in to watch fireworks near the Washington Monument. I have to admit, I am a little jealous, but I'm also very happy for her that she got to experience it. Here's a picture she sent me......pretty cool, huh?



Today Dan, Beth and I are going to see Wicked at Gammage. I'm so excited. We saw it three years ago when it was first here and I fell in love with it. I have memorized most of the songs from the soundtrack. I know, I'm a nerd. I'll let you know if it's as good the second time around.

I have been having trouble with my internet connection the last several days. I have a wireless router and for whatever reason it is really acting up. Seems to be working ok right now, so I hope it holds up until I get this posted. Hope everyone has a nice rest of the weekend. Hopefully I will be posting again soon......wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment