Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lessons Learned

Time for another change...a new year.  I don't make resolutions because I can never keep them so they seem pretty pointless.  Instead I try to look back and see what I've learned over the past year and try to apply it to the upcoming year.  Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes I fail.  I always learn something. This year it was all about embracing my faults. 


Here is my countdown of the top things I learned in 2011...sort of a David Letterman Top 10...except there are only 5 because that's all the learning I can handle for one year.  So I give you:


The Top Five Things I Learned in 2011

#5:  Embrace your limitations: Because I always think I can do more than I can...cut every list in half.

#4:  Embrace who you are:  Anxiety, obsessions, weight issues, all of it.  It took me 53 years to learn this...way too long.

#3:  Embrace others for who they are:  Tattoos, political views, annoying habits, all of it.  Once you look past it...all that's left is real.

#2: Embrace your blog: Stop comparing your blog to other blogs and just write.  Use your own voice...it's pretty darn good just the way it is.

And the #1 thing I learned in 2011...

#1:  Embrace change:  The only constant in life is that it constantly changes.  Push outside the comfort zone and embrace the changes.

Favorite Quote from 2011:

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
~Victor Frankl~
*****************************************************
Coming up in 2012:

My daughter, Sarah, and I are going to blog together.  That is to say, we are going to pick a topic and both of us will write about it on our blogs.  We'll probably do two a month.  We are working up to participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge coming in April.  Both of us needed a way to kick start our blogs.  Hopefully this will help and you will get some fun reading out of it.  So please stay tuned for some fun mother/daughter blogging coming your way!

I would like to wish each and every one of you the happiest, healthiest and most blessed 2012.

Instead of a quote, I leave you with this video.  A perfect message for any time of year.  Don't be afraid to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment