Thursday, January 5, 2012

Refrigerator Love

Happy New Year!  I know, I'm a little late, are you surprised?  You shouldn't be. 


Once upon a time I had a very nice refrigerator.  But like everything else I own (and me) it got old and decided to start leaking everywhere.  Yes, I leak, but that's a story for another post. 


(Excuse the mess in the kitchen...this was taken right in the middle of the great cookie debacle)
Over my Christmas vacation we bought a new refrigerator.  It's a thing of beauty and I am in love with it.  I never knew you could be in love with a household appliance before...wait...I take that back.  I was in love with my flat top stove when I first got it too..now..not so much.  I mean I still like it and all ...but the love has faded.  I wonder if that will happen with my refrigerator...I hope not.  I could stand and look at it for hours.  The gleaming stainless steel finish (that matches nothing else in my kitchen, by the way) mesmerizes me.  It has French doors.  I've wanted French doors for a very long time...I just never knew that when I finally got them, they'd be on my refrigerator.  Oh well, a girl takes what she can get.  I swear the thing has mood lighting.  When I open the beautiful French doors I am not blinded by a naked bulb glaring from the back of the unit.  No, I am welcomed by a soothing, diffused, blue aura of light from above. It's almost heavenly.  I love it.  It also has filtered water and ice in the door.  I have now been able to rid my sink of the lovely filtering appendage that gets in the way of everything you try to do in the sink.  Another plus, another reason to love.  It has a huge bottom drawer freezer with another filtered ice maker.  This is important for someone who drinks a lot of ice water.  Heaven I tell you.  Sometimes I open the refrigerator just to look at the pretty inside...don't tell anyone, I'm sure you're not suppose to do that, but I can't help myself.  I am a slave to my Refrigerator Love.


I do have one issue with the new appliance, however.  I feel that if you spend an exorbitant amount of money on a state of the art appliance with a computer brain, there should be a sensor in the brain that says, "Your master has the freezer drawer open, don't drop the ice!".  But no, sadly, that is one feature this awesome silvery giant does not posses.  The other day I opened the freezer drawer to stare lovingly at rearrange the interior, only to be met with the sound of the ice crashing to the floor beneath.  Lovely.  In that moment, I lost a tiny bit of the love.


Can you put a refrigerator in time out?

No comments:

Post a Comment