Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today I Bought a Stove

Judging by last several posts I know you must be thinking that I have some weird obsession with appliances.  I can assure you...I do not (well, maybe with the refrigerator but that's all). 

Today I am inspired by Meg.  I read her blog religiously.  I love her.  She has a wonderful spirit, is crafty and just all around fun to read.  Today she inspired me to buy a stove.  It's called : 2 Years. 2 Stoves. 2 Friends.  Basically, it's been 2 years since the earthquake in Haiti.  They need these stoves to better their lives.  It only costs $20.  You should try to get 2 friends to follow your lead.  Go read Meg's blog, she explains it much better than I do and I'm sure you'll be inspired.

We all have so much more than we realize and when I watched the video on the donation site...it made me think about how lucky I am to have three healthy children who don't have to eat over a wood burning stove.  I would love to help another mother accomplish that.  So, I bought a stove.  I hope you will too.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me."
(Matthew 25:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment