Monday, January 23, 2012

The Bliss of an Ordinary Day

I love ordinary days.  They are my favorite.  I love the simple things that make up an ordinary day: 

Waking up next to my husband...even when I detest waking up...is the best start to any day.

A hot shower and some electricity to run my blow dryer. 

A car to drive to work...even when it's a car I despise. 

A commute buddy...even when we don't talk.

A job to go to...when so many others aren't lucky enough to have one.

A text from my youngest child....lets me know she's still alive and she still needs me...for something.

A bill to pay...and money to pay it...means I have the means.

A great book to read while I eat lunch.

A TV....even a 500lb non HD compatible TV...for watching my favorite shows.

A hook and some yarn to create something beautiful...or useful...or both.

A daughter who loves to cook dinner.

A few chores to make myself feel useful.

Going to sleep next to my husband...the best way to end a day.

I love an ordinary day...it fuels my soul.

Quote for the Day:
"We can learn to rejoice in even the smallest blessings our life holds.  It is easy to miss our own good fortune; often happiness comes in ways we don't even notice...The ordinariness of our good fortune can make it hard to catch."     ~Pema Chodron~

1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude Gerri, it's a shame more people don't appreciate the simple pleasures of life.

    ReplyDelete