Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Awards, Awards


KC of The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit was kind enough to give me this award.  Now, I'm not really sure how much of an award it is since it comes with things I have to do and people I have to tag, but I'm grateful non-the-less.  It pushes me to go outside my own little bloggy self.  So here's what I have to do:

Tell you 7 random things about me and pass this on to 15 more bloggers.  The ones who win will come get their award, tag 15 people, tell us all 7 things about themselves, tell the tagees about their win, tell them what to do.   

The problem is...not sure I can tag 15 people...especially people who know I exist.  I'm kind of a lurker.  Which means I read lots of blogs but I don't comment a lot.  I know, I'm always telling you people to comment, and then I don't do it myself.  Oops, guess I shouldn't have told you that. Part of that is my issue with blogger envy, which I have talked about here.  I read some pretty amazing blogs and they intimidate me, hence why I don't comment.  I'm trying to get better though.  Really I am.  OK, on to 7 random things about myself.  I shouldn't have a problem with this one...

1.  I have the weirdest dreams known to man.  One example:  I dreamt that I was in a town full of clowns.  Everyone was a clown.  The mailman, the store clerks, the policeman... everyone... except me.  It was rather creepy to say the least.  My family gets much enjoyment out of listening to the tales of my weird dreams.

2.  I have certain foods that I won't eat.  Not because of how they taste but because of the consistency.  Like jello...ewwww.  I just can't stand the way it feels in my mouth.  Also, cottage cheese.  There are others but that's enough.  I feel I may be driving away any readers I might have.  Who wants to follow the weird dream/food phobia lady....

3. I dislike all things that fly.  It doesn't matter how big or how little, how ugly or how pretty (yes, I dislike butterflies).  I think I know why but being as I am not a mental health care professional, I can't say for sure....but I'm pretty sure.  When I was little we had parakeets.  My mother loved them and she used to let them fly around the house.  They scared me to death.  I hated them.  Now I hate everything that flies.

4.  I'm scared of heights.  I don't even really like the fact that I work on the second floor and I'm forced to walk across an enclosed bridge to get to the parking garage.  I try as hard as I can not to look out those windows.  It makes me nervous.  I know, I'm weird.  My family tells me all the time.

So this post is kind of turning into the list of Gerri's weirdness and phobias.  I think I'll have to pick a few non-phobia random things to say about myself.  This may take a while.....talk amongst yourselves....

5.  I love American history. I will watch any show on TV and read any book I can get my hands on, anything that has to do with American history.  In my next life I want to be a history teacher.

6.  I love Thomas Jefferson.  He is the person I always pick when people ask what famous person, dead or alive, you would most like to have dinner with.  TJ every time.  He fascinates me.  I want to pick his brain.  I would love to know what he thinks of his country now.  And I'm especially curious to know what Mr. Jefferson thinks of Mr. Obama.

7.  I have a rare illness.  It's called Hallmarkornamentitis.  I am obsessed with Hallmark Christmas ornaments.  I have so many I can't get them all on my trees.  Yes, I said trees, plural.  I have three Christmas trees (2 six foot and 1 seven and a half foot) and I still cannot get all the ornaments on the trees.  And, each one of my children have a large plastic container full of Hallmark ornaments that I have collected for them over their lifetimes.  I don't even put those on my trees anymore.  So yes, I have issues with ornaments.  My family thinks I'm nuts...but my Christmas trees are awesome! 

OK, that wasn't too painful.  At least not for me.  I don't know about you...if it was painful for you I apologize.  Now I have to tag some people.  Here goes:

Sarah @ Honest to Blog
Kelly @ My Voice, My View
Jenn @ The Loves of Jenn
Erin @ Sunny Side Up
Meg @ Whatever

Sarah @ Clover Lane

OK, that's it folks.  If you have time you should check out the blogs I listed.  They are all worth the read.

See you tomorrow for Arizona Almanac!
  

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I feel super lucky to have been picked! Thank you for giving me something to write about. Thanks for being a great blogging and FB buddy. Someday we'll meet my friend. Maybe when you're in DC for a Capitals game. My son would love to see his favorite team :)

    ReplyDelete