Monday, March 12, 2012

Randomy Randomness

I'm going to write a bunch of random stuff and hope to tie it all together at the end.  But I make no promises.  You may just have to be happy with unconnected randomness.

First up...an update on the war.  Not going so well.  It's the struggle of my life, but I keep forging ahead.  I'm not going to give up, and I do plan on winning.  Saw the doctor on Friday and he scolded me about my weight, which he should have done years ago, but for some reason it just hit me really hard and I was on the verge of tears all the way home.  I recommitted myself to making good choices and getting it done.  I signed up for Weight Watchers online.  I got motivated and pumped.  I was formulating my grocery list for the upcoming week and then.....

Food poisoning hit my house hard.  Dan, Sarah and I were all stricken.  It was awful, nasty stuff that I do not wish to repeat anytime soon.  I am still feeling a bit queasy.  Needless to say, nothing got done this weekend, and especially no food shopping.  The thought of food is still kind of making me sick.  If one bright spot could come of this it would be that we are pretty certain it was ice cream that did it.  Ice cream...my biggest weakness...I now want nothing to do with.  Might be a good thing.  Guess we'll see how long it lasts.

I had another one of those "Mom" moments last night.  Beth text me about her new apartment and I could feel how excited she is.  I remember when life was bright and shiny and new and you were always excited for what was around the corner.  Like when she was little.  It was another one of those moments that put me in a melancholy mood and where I try to figure out where all the time has gone.  Maybe it's time to find something bright, shiny and new for myself.

One of my best friends lost her mother last week.  My heart breaks for her.  It brought me right back to 9 years ago when I lost my own mother.  Things like that can make the pain very fresh in an instant.  Losing a mom is never easy.  Time dulls but does not take away the pain and loss.  We all need our mom's, even when we are 53 year old mothers ourselves.

OK, no way for me to tie that all together, except to say....life happens.  It's what we do with it that makes the difference.  Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment