Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Quotation Tuesday

Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
~Abraham Lincoln~


Do you know people who are never happy?  People who seem to think the world is out to get them.  Nothing ever goes right in their life.  All they do is complain.  I know people like this.  It annoys me. 

Of course, you are not going to be happy 100 % of the time.  But I feel like I'm basically happy most of the time.  And it certainly isn't because I'm independently wealthy, have a gorgeous body, live in a mansion or have a chauffeur (all things that would make me REALLY happy ;).  It's just because, I wake up everyday, look in the mirror and make a decision to have a good day.  Again, it doesn't always happen, but I would say 90% of the time, I'm good. 

Happiness is really what you make it.  It's different for everyone.  This is my happy: I have a wonderful husband who loves me in spite of myself.  I have three fantastic kids I love more than life itself.  I have a large extended family (I mean LARGE) that I know I can call on whenever I need them.  I have a place to live, food to eat and a job.  I don't have much else...no 401k (I'll be working forever), no investments, no summer home.  But none of that really matters, because I have MY happy.  And that is enough. 

What's your happy?



1 comment:

  1. Similar to yours. Family, enough to eat. I don't have extras either, but more stuff just means more to clean and worry about! The older I get, I value the simple life

    ReplyDelete