I know I promised you an Arizona Almanac for last Friday and then never delivered. After I promised...my life kind of derailed and the post never got done...I'm still trying to catch up. Posting Hodgepodge Wednesday so you know I didn't completely fall of the face of the earth. Plus, they were fun questions...so here goes...
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
Can I say every way? I feel like I do at least two things a day that cause me to say later..."Why did I do that?". If I picked just one though...it would be my tendency to worry just a tad too much. And by a tad...I mean A LOT. The worrying only makes things worse and it never solves anything, but I've yet to figure out how to stop it. I'm better...but not cured.
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
I've never been scuba diving and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love the water but, to be honest, scuba diving kind of scares me. I am fascinated by whales. I don't know why. I just love them. One of my dreams is to go on a whale watching cruise.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
10. I love the water and I'm a good swimmer. I'm not really sure who taught me to swim. I know I didn't have any formal lessons. I do remember my uncle throwing me in the water and telling me to swim so maybe that was it...but that was long ago and far, far away...my memory is fuzzy. But, thanks Uncle Ted...for throwing me in and making me swim....for whatever reason :)
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
The satisfaction of a job well done. That and knowing if I don't do it, it will just be waiting for me another day.
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
I think a good neighbor minds their own business unless asked to help out with something and then does so with a joyful heart. Good neighbors watch out for each others well being.
I don't know if I'm considered a good neighbor or not. I really like to keep to myself, but I will help out if asked. I think my husband is the epitome of a great neighbor. He talks to everyone. He helps everyone with anything they ask. Everyone loves him. Except for the crazy lady next door. I live in a wonderful neighborhood with great neighbors...except for the one who happens to live next door to me. She is crazy and I pray everyday that she finds a reason to move. Good neighbors do not call the city on you for parking your vehicle in front of your own home and then report it as an abandoned vehicle. Good neighbors do not yell like a banshee at your children when they are minding their own business. Good neighbors do not make enemies over a stupid trash can. Sorry...but it did feel good to vent :) Thanks for that!
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
My son loads the dishwasher most of the time. He is still living at home and this is one of his chores as set down by our agreement for him living at home. I like the dishwasher loaded a certain way...but I don't force anyone else to do it my way...it's not worth the fight and as long as the dishes get clean...that's all I care about.
7. You know it's summer when_________________________.
Everyone says this over and over and over...."But it's a dry heat"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed....I've had a few too many of those days recently. Here's to better days ahead!
Hope you all enjoyed the Hodgepodge. Hop on over to Joyce's blog and find out how you can participate and find links to other blogs that are joining in the fun.